Friday, May 28, 2010

Tomorrow I'm 33.333% of the way there!!

Sorry it has been a few days, however, life, my business (aka work, but the best kind of it), juice feasting, home caring, dog caring, Brit caring has been full on! I feel like I’m starting to understand what a full time working mom must feel like (except my child is George, the foster dog)! I’d like to give it up to this amazing class of woman right now! You go girls!

Therefore, since I’ve been missing in action the last couple of days I decided a Juice Feasting update and brief daily play-by-play on how Day’s 6-9 have been treating me might be the best idea.

Yes folks, I have officially completed week one of my Juice Feast and am diving into week two feeling pretty fabulous. It’s hard not to considering I’ll be down at one of my favorite places on earth tonight: Lavallette, NJ – aka The Jersey Shore, home of more than just fist pumping and spiky hair ;) It happens to be the summer home I grew up in and still to this day is one of my most joyous getaways ever. It will always hold and protect the many, many memories of my childhood, adolescent and teenage years. OK, time to take a turn off memory lane and get back onto the super highway of health and healing; Juice Feasting Updates!

Day 6
1. My body’s pH was 5.8

2. I felt pretty darn good on Tuesday after I experienced a major emotional detox! Wow was it sudden, strong and powerful. It felt like my whole world was tumbling down for a second there. It was triggered by the silliest of things; I couldn’t find my girlfriends apt because 1. I heard the wrong cross street 2. They were doing construction on the avenue and there were NO signs. 3. I am Feasting, it was CRAZY hot and I had George, who as cute as he is doesn’t know how to get around the city for boo! Needless to say I thought I was going to throw up my arms and just start balling right in the middle of the UES. Then my girlfriend came out and found me and the pieces of my world were slowly put back together. Thank goodness! Because I felt like humpty dumpty! Thank you Danielle for actually being able to put me back together again…unlike all the king’s horses and all the king’s men ;) Then I was blessed with a much-needed massage by the most caring, intuitive, magic hands I know and continued to let all the emotions ooze out on the table. Sometimes we just need to ooze, let it out, let go of it and MOVE ON! Tuesday ended pretty magically as well because all the things I vented about earlier seemed to just disappear. Almost like there was a big dark cloud that just suddenly lifted and left me in this beautiful, enchanted garden. Talk about calling in what you want and kicking the rest to the curb! Miraculously, I’ve been living in that garden ever since (with a few random thunders here and there)!


3. Juiced 124 ounces (shared 26 with one of my favorite friends) so 98 ounces in total of: radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, ginger, bok chop, celery, carrots, lemon, lime, apples, grapefruit, orange & pineapple.
- Also, today and everyday thereafter, I started consuming 24 ounces of lemon, MSM, activated water first thing in the morning (verse my normal glass or two) to make sure my body was in perfect "Flow-motion"!




Day 7
1. My body’s pH was 5.8 (however, after rising to set my Brit up for the day I went back to bed for 30 minutes and when I retested my pH after my power nap it was 6.4, which doesn’t really count because it’s no longer my first urine of the day but I hadn’t put anything in my body, so it makes me wonder…see next two days for more explanation)

2. Wednesday is one of my favorite days lately because it’s FARM MARKET DAY! And normally by Wednesday I’m fresh out of everything because the last visit is typically Friday or Saturday. This week was even more exciting than most because I couldn’t want to see what ingredients were going to make up my list of future Juice Cocktails for the week; would their be strawberries, would their be sprouts, what new greens would glorify my juices this week! So much excitement! And Union Square did not disappoint! I got strawberries & bok choy, tatsoi (in the bok choy family), beets, dandelion, gorgeous yellow & red swiss chard, cilantro & parsley, arugula, romaine, two types of tomatoes, 3 kinds of sprouts, microgreens, cucumbers (including the biggest, longest European Cucumber I have ever seen of which there was only one left and I was the lucky recipient) and SORREL, lots and lots of SORREL. I guess it is as good a time as ever to tell you all I’ve having ANOTHER secret love affair. It’s impossible not to when I’m surrounded by all these juicy, sexy, saucy, delicious greens! Yum! I came home from the farm market with four huge bags of produce and whipped up a summer cocktail that would brighten anyone’s day; Cucumber, Sorrel, Strawberries & Cilantro followed closely by another of; Cucumber, Grapefruit, Orange, Sorrel, Cilantro, Spinach, Red Spinach & Arugula! Heaven, green, liquid heaven indeed! Needless to say I was a very happy girl.

3. Juiced 89 ounces of: radishes, celery, mint, ginger, spinach, mixed greens, swiss chard, dandelion & baby kale, then MY NEW FAV: cucumber, sorrel, strawberries & cilantro, then: grapefruit, cucumber, orange, sorrel, cilantro, spinach, red spinach & arugula.



Day 8
1. My body’s pH was 5.5 (and I think this had to do with me getting up at 5:30AM. I’m finding the later I sleep in the more alkaline my urine becomes. I wonder if my body is trying to tell me something, because See Day 9’s pH)

2. Yesterday (Thursday) contained a bit of exhaustion, coupled with a fabulous second wind and finished with a complete power outage of what felt like my entire system, as in, all engines shut down! Thursday’s are my early day and I rise at 5:30am (since I’m not tri training I allow myself the luxury of sleeping till at least 7am). I work in the morning and normally until lunchtime and then have a break until my evening clients. Needless to say I didn’t turn in early enough the night before and 5:30 came way sooner than my body had hoped for. On top of that, the day prevented me from enjoying any peace and quiet, or the chance to slip in a few quick moments of shuteye. No, it sure didn’t; duty called, work called, the landlord called, George barked, the electrician called, George barked, the UPS guy buzzed, George barked…your getting the picture by now right? And before I knew what hit me the window of opportunity for a little downtime was gone. Thankfully I got my second wind around 4PM and ticked all those beautiful TO DO boxes! The joy of a little check (insert ahhh effect here); unless you are a crazy ambitious, relentless, Virgo perfectionist you may not experience this same level of bliss when crossing things off a list! However, that burst of afternoon energy allowed me to do what needed to be done before evening work called. Then after a nice mile and a half scroll with my two favorite males my evening slowed down until I crashed at 10:30 for some much needed deep, uninterrupted, peaceful, rejuvenating sleep (on my new magnetic mattress to boot, more on this later)!!

3. Juiced 86 ounces of: celery, cucumber, swiss chard, strawberries, ginger, bok chop, apple, lime, tomato, sorrel, red spinach, orange & grapefruit.




Day 9
1. My body’s pH was 6.6 (which is completely in the alkaline range). However, I also slept for 10 hours last night because I was exhausted from a VERY packed, hectic week.) I know my body is not done cleansing, but I’m wondering if it is trying to tell me to slow down a bit. Maybe my body wants a slow, relaxing cleanse and has been disappointed in the fun life/work relay races it has been forced into all week ;)

2. I woke up this morning (Friday) feeling awesome! I was rested, relaxed, energized and excited to wrap up one more day in NYC and head south for some sun, ocean, fresh breeze, bay-swimming, beach-cruising, sand between the toes, barefoot living fun! The power being out in half my apartment couldn’t even get me down, nor could the fact that I was forced to work off my little blackberry verse a normal laptop because of no internet. Life is good and it will be even better this LONG, HOLIDAY WEEKEND! I am also SO excited to start working out again tomorrow folks! Yes, I’ve been on an infusion of herbs to really force my spine and my ligaments to get a move on it and start some serious healing. I was told after a week, I could start exercising again. I am so pleased to say since the start of my juice feast and infusion of herbs I have been back pain free! It is the best feeling ever!! Try living with pain day in and day out; I guarantee when it clears up you’ll be doing imaginary cartwheels just like me! I am also confident doing real cartwheels is just around the corner too!

3. Juiced 88 ounces of: sorrel, swiss chard, spinach, orange, grapefruit, tatsoi, kale, parsley, dandelion, arugula, sprouts, spinach, red spinach, celery, pineapple & boy choy.



Everyone have a wonderful, sunny, juicy, spicy Memorial Day and I'll see you all next week! A million blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment