Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Joys of Pineapple Juice...And the scary SUPER positive side effects!

Who would have thought a 16 ounce glass of Pineapple Juice would make me want to add on an additional 62 days to my Juice Feast/Fast.

On the morning of Day 4 I juiced fresh pineapple juice with some water and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I know, it's extreme to think now I want to feast for another 2 whole months, but I would be lying if I didn't say I was seriously considering and deeply contemplating it! I feel great! Here's a secret though: I still totally feel like I'm cheating! I mean I rarely if ever eat pineapple in my normal day to day life. Compared to my "regular spectrum of foods" pineapple is very high up on the glycemic food index . Therefore, for the amount of natural sugars it contains, I typically avoid it. However, when you are Juice Feasting it's actually quite beneficial (if you don't suffer from high fasting blood sugar), especially for the current state of my body! I have suffered from an excessive amount of inflammation with my broken coccyx and guess what Pineapple has?!? Bromelain: an incredible anti-inflammatory enzyme! Just like proteolytic enzymes. That's right folks, drink it up! I sure am ;) But not in excess, lets not ruin the fun for everyone! Another bonus: because I'm not eating and just juicing (delicious pineapple juice if I haven't mentioned) I don't have to worry about bad food combining, like fruits with any dense proteins or starches! Cause it's "Just Juice"! Ahhh the little things...

I was absolutely flying off my morning Pineapple Juice (in addition to the 60 ounces of glorious Green Juice I made that day)! Sunday afternoon I came back from a very long, very nice walk and decided to make myself a CITRUS TREAT (pictured above)! Honestly, if the Pineapple juice was AMAZING, the Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon Juice left me SPEECHLESS! It was so delicious, I truly couldn't believe it. This citrusy treat was like liquid tangy & sweet ice cream but better! It was EXACTLY what my body needed too; so radiantly refreshing!! I had just been out exercising depleting my fluids and what is citrus good for? You got it HYDRATION! And from many years of running, racing and training for triathlons I am aware of that fact that I may have suffered from chronic dehydration on a deep cellular level! Glad I'm juice feasting and giving my body all the "re-hydrating" it needs! Bonus: citrus fruits are also great for clearing mucus out of the body!

Ok, ok, enough about my fruit obsession! It has just been a really joyous, gratifying experience for me. Thus my desire to share it and relive it one more time! Oh, wait, I did experience it one more time!! Today, DAY 5; I did it all over again!!! Pineapple Juice & Citrus Surprise! And I can do it again tomorrow if I want!!! Seriously, this Juice Feasting journey is UNREAL! I am loving me my fruit juices! Don't get me wrong the majority of my juices are Green Juices and they are just as sweet and delicious, but in their own way. I also feel a much stronger healing presence from the green juices, but the pure, unregulated bliss I am receiving from the fruit is so beautiful! It is allowing me to celebrate this experience even more!

My goal the last 3 days has been to up my overall daily intake of juice; 3-4 quarts of juice (or more) is the suggested minimum, which is 96-128 ounces a day. I was having 80 ounces a day and that felt like A LOT. However, on Day 3 I bumped up to to 93 ounces, then 96 on Day 4 and then wait for it....110 ounces today, Day 5! Go me! Mind you I had to stuff the last 10 ounces down me, but it still went down, so it counts! Remember, I'm also drinking lots of activated water and herbal tea as well. It will be interesting to see when and where my juice intake levels rise and fall throughout the 30 days and if it coincides with anything particularly significant.

Ok so just a brief recap from the last 3 days and then I'll say goodnight as it's already way past my normal bedtime and definitely my juice feasting bedtime!

Day 3:
1. My body's pH: 5.9
2. Energy levels were quite high until I spent too long at the farmer's market and then trying to walk all the way home from 14th to the UWS with bags and Mr. George (if you forgot, he's my little foster dog!)
3. Juiced: celery, cucumber, strawberries, bok choy, green apple, spinach, dandelion, baby kale, romaine, swiss chard (2 kinds), carrot, pepper, lemon & lime

Day 4:
1. My body's pH: 5.9
2. Energy levels & positive thinking & new, crazy, fasting/healing ideas & thoughts were endless! Result of the much talked about pineapple & citrus surprise juices!
3. Juiced: Pineapple; cucumber, pepper, strawberries, apple, carrot, swiss chard, dandelion, kale, baby kale, spinach, turnip greens and celery; then grapefruit, orange & lemon!

Day 5:
1. My body's pH: 5.8
2. Felt good today, but realized I probably need green juice first thing in the morning, then my pineapple juice, then more green, then citrus surprise and finally more greens. I'll try this combo out tomorrow and keep you posted. My guess is, I felt a little spacey this morning because it was a quick sugar rush and less of the slower releasing, longer lasting energy of the great and powerful green juice. Trust me, borderline space cadet is not a good way to feel when you're trying to be efficient, creative and productive with your business.
3. Juiced: Pineapple; cucumber, celery, red pepper, green apple, bok choy, carrots, radishes, dandelions, 2 kinds of swiss chard, baby kale, kale, spinach, tomato, lemon, lime & ginger; then grapefruit, orange & lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment