Thursday, May 20, 2010

Post DAY ONE & DAY TWO Updates & covering some Basics!


Hello! And a Happy Saturday to all you beautiful beings out there! What a gorgeous day! Oh, and if you are wondering, that to the right is my dinner from last night!

I just got back from walking the amazing Mr. George (our dear foster dog) and implementing our new line of training! George has got to learn some manners because as cute as he is, he has some major psychological problems from his past abuse which he is playing out all around our home in the form of urination! Good times! Especially when your sense of smell is heightened during fasting! However, fasting also makes me super positive (yes even more so than I am on a daily basis, frightening I know) so I think we are going to break him into a wonderful, obedient dog. He is already loving, playful and a complete Mama's boy! It's only when he's not cuddled up next to me or resting at my feet that life starts getting a little scary and complicated for him! OK, enough about Georgie!

So I am already on DAY THREE of my feast/fast! I say both because I have always just fasted in the past so this idea of Juice Feasting and pumping 120 ounces PLUS of juice into my body everyday has been a bit of a struggle. I think my body is like, "wait, what's going on, why am I getting all this "food" I thought I was supposed to be fasting." But the main goal, as it always is, is to rejuvenate my body, mind and soul. However, rejuvenation has to be much greater this time around as I am determined to allow my spine and my broken coccyx to heal! See another dose of POSITIVITY, sorry it just oozes out of me! Needless to say I have only been consuming about 80 ounces of juice a day which has felt like more than enough. However, I know I need to experiment with having more. I am also completely comfortable with making this my own personal journey/exploration and am confident in my bodies ability to communication to me.

Having said that I also want to cover and comment on a few things that I would like to keep constant during my Juice Feast/Fast. Here's a list of a few items I want to continually cover as this adventure unravels!
1. I want to keep an eye on my body's pH:
I have been and plan on continually testing my urine's pH which is a determinate of my blood's pH. The ideal alkaline range is 6.4 - 6.8. I'll get more into acid/alkaline balance as we go. For the morning's of Day 1 & Day 2 my pH was 6.8 and 7.0, which are both ideal for me and really for all. However, this morning (Day 3) my pH dropped to about 5.9; yes folks I have already started detoxing! How can I tell? Well my body just went from all happy and alkaline to pretty acidic over night. What this means is my body is starting to push all the toxins, environmental build ups, heavy metals and all the crap it doesn't want out of my body. Now that it doesn't have to digest solid food it can start eating away at all the "bad stuff" and trying to eliminate it from my body. I pretty much assumed this was going to happen this morning because I suffered from a killer headache last night which is 1) a common side effect of detoxing and 2) I never get headaches so I knew something was up.

2. I want to keep a running log of my energy levels as well as any and all detoxing/feasting/fasting side effects.
As I mentioned above I already started feeling the effects of my body "riding" itself of all the "bad stuff." I know and I want you to know that these next 28 days will most likely be filled with ups and downs when it comes to my physical body, my moods, my energy, my thoughts, my determination, my commitment and much much more...There will be days where I feel amazing and want to fast for the rest of my life and days where all I want to do is have a bite of a juicy, fresh, ripe, tangy, sweet, plump tomato! But that's the joy of this, feeling everything and allowing yourself the opportunity to step back, take it all in and appreciate every moment. I really do feel blessed for the ability to heal my own body and be the soul individual responsible for my own happiness. It's scary and exciting at the same time, but as I grow and learn it truly becomes just more exciting.

3. I want to share all the amazing fruits and vegetables I will be remineralizing my body with and where I'm getting them from.
The last two days have been filled with a whole array of delectable fruits and veggies. I'll share (to the best of my ability) all I have guzzled thus far!
Tons of fresh Spinach leaves as large as my hand
Lots of spicy Arugula
Two whole heads of Bok Choy
Handfuls upon handfuls of Mixed Wild Greens
Two bunches of Dandelions (much lighter and fresher than any store bought)
Many stalks of Celery
At least 10 very large, very long Cucumbers (3 kinds, Japanese, Korean and Chinese)
Two pints of glorious strawberries
Many leaves of romaine lettuce
Three carrots
Two bunches of zesty cilantro
A decent amount of sprouts and sunflower shoots
Two juicy grapefruits
Two perfectly picked and ripe tomatoes
A few leaves of basil
A handful of blueberries
The juice of two lemons & one lime
And a partridge in a pear Tree...On the third day of my Juice Feast my body said to me ;)

***(Note everything above, except for the grapefruit, blueberries, lemon & lime (which are still organic) was grown unconventionally, i.e no sprays, NOTHING, not even organic ones and picked up from the Farmers Market on Wednesday and Friday! Did I mention I love farmers markets!)

4. I want to incorporate some of the other fasting rituals I will be performing, taking part in and combining with my Juice Feast and soon after Juice Fast.
The subject of fasting rituals is where I will discuss the type of water I'm drinking, how I'm stimulating my lymphatic system, colon hydrotherapy, why I'm skin brushing, body care, any beneficial exercises, massages, any herbs and supplements I'm taking, why I'm taking them and so on and so forth! As a pre-warning, my gut is I won't be able to disclose them all because there is quite a lot you can do to compliment a fast and some of it is now second nature to me so I may forget to talk about it; but I pledge to do my very best!!

5. I do want to touch upon percentage of body weight lost.

Normally, I don't focus on weight loss as in my opinion it is just a wonderful side effect of fasting. However, if weight loss is your main goal and all the amazing benefits of fasting are your "side effects" then I support it. I say this because any outlet or avenue a person has that brings them into a greater state of health I support. We all have different paths and side streets we use in getting to the "City of Healing." So whatever that is for you, if it gets you there, then that is the main objective!

6. Last but not least, I want to share my inner most thoughts and feelings about this whole experience. But don't worry I'll also be divulging my crazy, silly, mindless, irrational, chaotic, off the wall thoughts as well! Don't think you were getting out of those!

I committed to being honest about this journey and let's face it so many of us are thinking, dealing with, pondering over, stressing about the same things. It's like when one person in a class room asks a question the rest of us were too scared to ask. We all wanted to ask, but fear along with a million other emotions just didn't allow our darn hand to go up! Therefore, I hope by me getting extremely intimate and quite personal some of your questions will be answered without having to even put your hand up!

Did anyone notice how my very long list had 6 very long topics...anyone seeing a trend here? ;) I must admit 6 is my lucky number! Sorry, side-tracked!

OK, I feel good now that we have set some "ground rules," however, I also accept the fact that these can change at any moment. It wouldn't be as exciting if they couldn't, right? I've said my peace for today and am off to the Farmer's Market to stock up on some more goodies then off to the park for a relaxing day of some much desired reading!

Cheers to all and have an absolutely magnificent weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. great stuff here...thank you
    question, I have always just wanted to deal with the foods with the highest ANDI index and not worry about foods with less nutrient density. What are your thoughts on just eating/juicing high ANDI veggies like Kale, Collards, Watercress and leaving out the lower nutrient density foods, and adding just the high ANDI fruits like strawberries, blackberries, blue berries, etc? Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There Fish888 - Thank YOU! Well the majority of the vegetables I'm juicing I would say about 75% or more is all greens; dandelion, spinach, swiss chard, kale, baby kale, turnip greens and whatever else is fresh from the farm market. It also depends what your objective is. If you are doing "spring cleaning" and don't have a high fasting blood sugar then you can incorporate some fruit juices as long as you don't overdo it. If you are healing from a chronic disease I would only do low glycemic green juices. I hope that helps! Many Blessing!

    ReplyDelete